The partners in the Network Libraries in Urban Space do research on the role of public libraries in urban societies. The aim of the network is to coordinate the individual research, to exchange knowledge and research results and to build a basis for future joint projects. We will organize conferences on the topic. The Network Libraries in Urban Space is open to all interested researchers and research institutes.
Research projects led by the partners:
- The project ALMPUB is funded by the Research Council Norway and led by our partners from the Department of Archival, Library and Information Science at Oslo and Akershus University College. In this project the impact of digitalization on the role and function of archives, libraries and museums as public sphere institutions will be investigated (see the news).
- The Danish Agency for Culture has launched a so-called Model Program for Public Libraries (Dorte Skot-Hansen has been heavily involved in the development of this): http://modelprogrammer.kulturstyrelsen.dk/en/
- Sunniva Evjen at OAUC (Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences) is member of a research group, in which public libraries in urban communities is a focus area – exemplified through the PLACE project: https://www.cristin.no/as/WebObjects/cristin.woa/wa/presentasjonVis?pres=288092&type=PROSJEKT
Projects in preparation:
- Landmark Libraries in Urban Space (by HTW Chur and University of Applied Sciences Potsdam) -> application to the Swiss National Funds in 2014 (was rejected)
- Library 2.0 by Olindo Caso: The main research question in this proposal is: what architectural design is able to synthetize and represent the re-invention of the branch library for the urban structure of Rotterdam? http://www.library20.nl